Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday morning update

OK, the good news is a 2.2 lb loss this week. The bad news is that it could have been 3 lb, but my behavior was not good this weekend. Lots of sweets, some pizza, some bad decisions. So over the last two weeks, I've had points where I've gotten off track. As you all know, the key is to get back on the good track quickly, and not let this turn into a complete derailment. As many of you have told me, the measurements can be deceiving, and you'll notice that there was not much loss in the measurements as you'd expect with a 2.2 lb loss.

Weight Average: 192.48 - loss of 2.2 pounds this week (14.32 lbs total)

Measurements (Losses/Gains are for the week, not total)

Neck 14.875- No Change
Chest 40- No Change
R. Bicep 13.875 - Loss of 1/4"
Gut 36.875 - Loss of 3/8"
Waist 37.50 - Loss of 1/8"
Thigh 23.375 - Loss of 1/8"

Back to the weights today, and back to the creatine. So I have to anticipate a water weight gain with the creatine. Also have to get back to the healthy eating, no snacking, no sweets.

8 comments:

kyle said...

Are you on similar suppliments to what Billy was doing?? I haven't added any to my diet yet, and was wondering what you thought the most important ones to take are. If I remember I think Billy said Whey Protein and Fish Oil. Do you take these as well?? I'm a complete layman when it comes to this stuff. I did take creatine duing the college baseball days, but I was a lot more active then. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

That are not so bad. Keep up and you be wear you at.

www.jigaboojones.com

Melissa said...

2.2 lbs lost is great! Sometimes we indulge a little more than we like..but remember its not as bad as we once did many moons ago. Its also what we do after the indulging..and sounds like you are in the right frame of mind!

BrotherJay said...

Kyle, I take Fish Oil every day (6 of them). I do creatine when I'm lifting weights, when I was just running, I stopped the creatine. The whey protein powder is used in protein shakes, which you can drink if you are lifting weights or if you like them (I don't). I would recommend going over to Billy's site and looking at the recommended reading list on the right hand side. Read Bernardi's book and Weill's book and you'll increase your knowledge immensely.

kyle said...

THANKS Jay!!

billy said...

yeah, 2.2 is no small feat considering your less-than perfect eating. Take it and move on. Remember, we are in the middle of "Eating season". Beware. Thanksgiving is coming up. Prepare for it...

BTW are you going to Cathys parents? If so, can I come?

BrotherJay said...

Yes, Cathy's parents this year. Say hi to Gene for me.

Anonymous said...

Hey, 2.2 is nothing to sneeze at! Good job. You're right, quick recovery is key to not derailing completely. Good luck this week! :)