Tuesday, November 6, 2007

October: Monthly Progress Report

OK, I figured at the beginning of each month, I'll do a status report on how the month went and how things are going overall. This post is for September (1/2) and October.

September

Not that great, I didn't lose much weight. I was eating too many calories on Bernardi's Meta Advantage program. Foodwise, I was trying a bunch of new things, eating way more veggies and fruits. Exercisewise, I got back into a weightlifting program and it felt great.

October

Did WAY better losing weight, lost about 10 lbs. The key was starting to track calories using NutritionData. Exercisewise, I pulled my head/neck muscle so I had to start doing endurance training (40-50 min on treadmill, brisk walk and jogging).

So coming up in November, I'm shooting to be below 190 by 12/3, which I think I'm on a good track for. I think the weight loss will slow a bit once I start lifting and taking creatine again, but I understand that it will be water weight and muscle weight.

OVERALL PROGRESS

Weight as of 11/5: 194.68

Total Weight Lost: 12.12 lbs

Total reduction in measurements as of 11/5

Neck: 1.125 inches
Chest: 2.5 inches
Bicep: 1.375 inches
Gut: 4 inches
Waist: 2.375 inches
Thigh: 0.5 inches

11 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Dang BrothaJay you are kicking some serious A$$. You and Billy are reworking the Horan family a brother at a time. Your making wonderful progress keep up the good work. I hope I can inspire someone in my family someday.

Jim McCoy said...

Keep rolling Jay!! Glad to see how well you're doing

kyle said...

The overall weight loss is great just by itself, but the inch reductions over different parts of your body are fantastic. Kudos to you for starting at such a great pace. Keep up the good work.

billy said...

Nice work, bro!

I still think you'd be better off doing intervals than endurance training, so you might wanna look into that.

Ripx, it's weird that you know our last name.

BrotherJay said...

The interval training was aggravating my head muscle. I think I'm going to try to go lift tomorrow...

Rob Tucker said...

Just think about this for a second.

4 inches off the gut in less than 2 months.

That's incredible, man. Be proud of that.

Ripx180 said...

Billy I am a stalker!!! nah just saw your person business web site so I knew your last name. Not meaning to weird you out at all.

Kristen said...

Those are some great numbers. Glad to see you making progress.

GeneTheK said...

Way to go Jay. I hope you are aking pictures to compare since you've got the number moving in the right direction.

As for the stalking thing ripx & Billy, it's like I sad in my 1st post - there are no secrets on the Internet.

Anonymous said...

Wayz to goes.

Wish I's focus like you at.

Anonymous said...

Vist mine site:

www.jigaboojones.com