Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday morning update

So I lost 1.5 lb loss this week. But not great from any aspect. The measurements below suck, and my BF% didn't go down a lot either. This week was not a disaster, but this is one of the days that you have to put your head down and keep going.

Weight Average: 190.96 - loss of 1.5 pounds this week (15.84 lbs total)

Measurements (Losses/Gains are for the week, not total)

Neck 14.75- Loss of 1/8"
Chest 40- Gain of 1/8"
R. Bicep 13.625 - Loss of 1/4"
Gut 36.50 - Loss of 3/8"
Waist 37.25 - Loss of 1/4"
Thigh 23.25 - Loss of 1/8"

I've been reading the Lose Fat Not Faith book by Jeremy Likness (linked on Billy's blog). Really good for motivation, goal setting, attitude, etc.

So I'm back on the weights, I skipped Friday's lift ( I ran instead) because I was so sore from Monday and Wednesday. If all goes well, I have a big milestone (under 190) approaching, just have to avoid a Thanksgiving disaster...

4 comments:

swankywanker said...

I'm sorry, I must be missing something. What's so bad about a week in which you've lost 1.5 lbs and lost inches off of every measurement? Sometimes it comes slow, but at least it's coming.

billy said...

Really, you can't expect to see differences in measurements that often. And how are you measuring your body fat? There's no way your measurement would be accurate enough to be very useful.

Bottom line is, you lost 1.5 lbs. That's exactly what you need to do every week. Measurements and BF? Measure once every 10 pounds or something.

Oh and thanks for calling just to make fun of my Thanksgiving plans, ya prick...

Jim McCoy said...

If the weight and the measurements go down, you're doing fine. I don't get the griping at all. Your doctor would tell you not to lose more than two pounds a week anway, and you almost did.

Rob Tucker said...

I know personally that it's hard to accept "only" 1.5 pounds a week loss. When you're working as hard as you do, you'd like to see that scale move down at least SOMETHING every day, and if you're spreading that 1.5 out over 7 days, that's just over .2 pounds a day.

I get that frustration, but in the long run the guys (and Swanky) are right. Make sure not to look a gift horse in the mouth (whatever the hell that means).