Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday morning update

I lost 1.8 pounds this week. It's been a crazy week. I fasted for the first time on Thursday, which resulted in a contest win over Billy. Then, like Billy, I relaxed this weekend. Friday night a bunch of guys went to an indoor, simulated golf place. 2 slices of delicious pepperoni pizza, a beer, and some wine. Then, on Saturday, Catherine and I went out to a great wine restaurant, Cosimo. They have this awesome wine preservation system where they can open expensive bottles of wine and offer them by the glass (most restaurants won't do this, you have to order a whole bottle). They offer "wine samplers", where they give your 3 or 4 small glasses of great wine to taste. So grand total, probably 4 glasses of wine. And as a bonus, the food was wonderful. I didn't go overboard (no dessert), but I ate well. Then yesterday, we had friends over for lunch, and we bought doritos, which are a weakness of mine. So I had some.

So to sum up, my average will be going up once I lose the 170.6 and the 169.6 from last week, and I need to get back on the horse this week.

Weight Average: 171.4- loss of 1.8 pounds this week (35.4 lbs total)

Measurements (Losses/Gains are for the week, not total)

Neck 14.25-No Change
Chest 37.5- Loss of 3/8"
R. Bicep 12.625 - Loss of 1/4"
Gut 32.5 - Loss of 3/8"
Waist 33.625 - Loss of 1/4"
Thigh 22.625- No Change

I'd like to crow about getting to 35 pounds total lost, but I'm concerned that it won't stick over the next few days...

5 comments:

billy said...

Looks like the contest really was motivating us. I'd like to do something similar, but I feel like I'm always gonna be at a slight disadvantage. Your BR giftcard is in the mail.

Rob Tucker said...

You guys went out and dominated. You both slipped the next day.

Learn from that mistake - it's a mistake I mastered and patented. Don't be me.

Jason said...

Hey Jay, like you suggested I did some measurments. I don't know if I did them very well b/c I measured my waist and it said 41...I've never bought any pair of pants in the 40's so I don't know how accurate that was. I'll see what the changes are next monday though.

BrotherJay said...

Jason,

OK, let's do some clarification:

1. When I measure my "waist", I'm really measuring my hips (where my pants go). Technically, this is not your "waist".

2. When I measure my gut, I line the tape up with my belly button. This is technically your "waist".

I was the same as you, my hips started at 40.5, and my gut started at 42, but I fit into size 38 pants. So your measurements are OK, they just don't line up with pant sizes. I fit into Gap size 31 now, but my hips are 33.5.

Jason said...

That is exactly how I measured so that's good to hear, thanks for the feedback.