Monday, February 4, 2008

The Reward (Monday Morning Update)

Weight Lost since 1/2: 7.48 (Yeah, you read that right)

So I went to Billy's place for the SB yesterday. I brought my dinner and ate it right when I got there (around 6:30). I brought gum, because I didn't want to eat anything after dinner, and Billy had some snacks (healthy of course, but still) out. So I chewed a shitload of gum, and took some ribbing from Billy about it (don't worry, I gave him some back). I ended up winning $500 based on one of those "numbers" pools! Then I come home and go to bed. This morning, the reward: 172.2, a pound and a half lower than yesterday, which moved my average my almost a pound. Discipline pays, baby.

I lost 3.4 lbs this week! Awesome! I could not work out my upper body because of a bad shoulder, so I still lift my legs, but I've started running. I've found that running really drops weight off of me, but the measurements do not match compared to when I'm lifting. Meaning, if I lift all week and lose a pound, the measurements will typically be what you see below. What does this mean?

1. You should measure yourself and your body fat as well as doing the scale. When I was doing TT, I wasn't losing much on the scale, but my body composition really changed and I could tell I was losing fat and gaining muscle.

2. Nothing beats lifting weights for changing how your body looks.

Weight Average: 174.2- loss of 3.4 pounds this week (32.6 lbs total)

Measurements (Losses/Gains are for the week, not total)
Neck 14.25-Loss of 3/8" (Huh?)
Chest 38.25- No Change
R. Bicep 12.875 - Loss of 3/8" (Double Huh?)
Gut 33.125 - Loss of 1/4"
Waist 34.125 - Loss of 1/4"
Thigh 22.625- Loss of 3/8" (Triple Huh?)

Looks like the contest is getting interesting!!!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I don't know how many inches I lost when I started running, but I know that my shape changed dramatically. It might be different for girls?

Great job on eating well during the Super Bowl.

Rob Tucker said...

I'm pretty impressed with both of you. Good to see you guys working the Super Bowl together. Nice.

billy said...

nice job douchey. Are you still taking creatine?

You owe me $5.

BrotherJay said...

No, I stopped taking creatine in late november. I told you that when the contest started.