Sunday, February 3, 2008

Power Foods

Weight Lost since 1/2: 6.56 lbs

Instead of a recipe today, I'm going to give you a list of some of the foods that have really helped me:

1. Coffee. Yeah, I tried the green tea. Not so much. I like coffee, it's 0 calories, and I have regular in the morning and decaf in the afternoon.

2. Eggs and Egg Whites. Almost every morning, great way to start the day with protein.

3. Optimum Power Cereal. Great source of fiber and it doesn't taste too bad either!

4. Kashi Oatmeal. See #3.

5. Low fat canola oil mayonaisse. Better for you than regular. (Whole Foods and some regular markets)

6. Pure Protein Bars. High in protein, easy in a pinch (BJ's, Trader Joes)

7. Amy's Cheese and Pesto Pizza with Whole Wheat Crust. A great treat that my wife and I love. It tastes great and it's much better for you than other pizza.

8. Boneless Whole Turkey Breast. Cook it up on Sunday, have turkey for lunch all week. Easy. (The best is at Whole Foods, but you can get it anywhere)

9. Vegetables. Still don't eat enough, but I eat more than I ever did.

10. Nuts. Great snack, much better than pretzels.

11. Pecorino Romano grated cheese. Adds flavor to a lot of things, and it's not a lot of calories.

12. Muir Glen Organic Soups. Canned, I know, but much better for you than regular canned soup. (Whole Foods, I've also seen it in the organic aisle of regular markets)

3 comments:

billy said...

Good post, maybe I'll do one like this. It helps to see the kinds of food people are eating...

Rob Tucker said...

I like these a lot, thanks to both you and Billy for posting. Where's that "Amy's Pizza" - is that a local joint or something you can purchase at a grocer?

BrotherJay said...

It is a brand, not local. It's frozen pizza. Whole Foods has it, and a few of our local supermarkets have it as well.