Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Monday morning update: Day 100

Day 100 today. I lost 2.28 pounds this week. Also started lifting again, so this is a good result. I'm almost to the halfway point (around 182)! I'm happy with the measurements as well.

Weight Average: 183.20- loss of 2.28 pounds this week (23.60 lbs total)

Measurements (Losses/Gains are for the week, not total)

Neck 14.75- No Change
Chest 38.875 - Loss of 3/8"
R. Bicep 13.375- No Change
Gut 35 - Loss of 5/8"
Waist 35.875 - Loss of 1/4"
Thigh 23.250 - Gain of 1/8"

The weights went well this week, I changed up the workout to emphasize exercises that would be kinder to my joints (knees, elbows, shoulders), and I'm feeling less pain and I'm still getting a good workout.

Historically, I've only been able to stay on diets for about 2-3 months, then I'd go veering off dramatically. I feel like this time is different because I'm not really on a "diet", I'm changing my eating habits for life, and right now I"m just in a cutting phase (albeit a LONG one). Still, I need to be aware of this timeline (I'm at the 3 month point) and make sure that I don't veer off course.

3 comments:

billy said...

You're doing great man, I'm proud of you. We are breaking out of the fat trap we've been in our whole lives. The problem was the diet mentality. Either we would pay total attention to what we were eating and exercising or not at all. We were either on or off. Now we need to always be on to an extent, even when we're "maintaining". Weigh in every day, exercise at least 3x a week, and continue our healthy eating. The longer we do it, the easier it will be.

But I still feel like we can have regular sausage on Xmas. Maybe we should have eggs instead of pancakes/syrup!

BrotherJay said...

Call Mom and tell her to bring both kinds of Sausage...

Rob Tucker said...

Wow - 100 days already. Seems like you just joined. Great, great work. Determination and desire must be a family gene. Nice!