Monday, September 17, 2007

One week down...

OK, the first week has passed.

What went well:
1. I learned that I can actually eat foods that I didn't think I could eat. Spinach, tomatoes, Peppers, Avacado, Asparagus...
2. I learned that I LIKED some foods that I didn't think I liked: Salmon, Hummus...
3. I pushed myself at the gym harder than I have in 10 years. I realized how complacent I've been even during previous semi-successful diet/exercise attempts.

What went poorly
1. I didn't lose any weight. I'm chalking this up to eating too much of the Meta advantage menu. I'm going to listen to my body more than the book to dictate how much I'm eating. Also, I know my muscles have grown, since I've been sore all week! But it's tough to work so hard and not see results on the scale. I'm also going to start taking pictures of myself like Billy has, and measuring myself, so I have other ways to track progress besides the scale.
2. I've never cooked so much in my life! Now, I'm pretty good in the kitchen, but this was ridiculous. So I'm going to start making some common sense decisions that shouldn't affect my results. For example, this week the book wants me to eat hummus, and wants me to make it. Screw that, I bought some hummus at Trader Joe's.
3. I know that I need to post goals as well, and I've sucked at keeping this blog updated, so improvement is needed there.

No comments: