Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday morning update

One goal down, seven to go!

I lost 3 pounds this week, which is great. But the measurements weren't any better than last week, when I lost 1.5 lbs. I might have lost some water from my muscles as they got used to not working out...

Weight Average: 198.2 - loss of 3.08 pounds this week (8.6 lbs total)

Measurements (Losses/Gains are for the week, not total)

Neck 15.125- Gain of 1/8"
Chest 40.5- Loss of 1/2"
R. Bicep 14.5 - Loss of 1/8"
Gut 38.625 - Loss of 3/8"
Waist 38.5 - Loss of 1/4"
Thigh 24 - Gain of 3/8"

I probably won't lift any weights this week, my neck/head still feels tender. So I'll keep with the endurance training...

7 comments:

billy said...

I even have a special measuring tape that's designed for body measurements, and I'll say this: Measurements are tricky. Over a long time they will be very telling, but over the short term, when we're talking about 1/4" differences, they can be misleading. So just keep at it and work on your measuring consistency. And pictures.

Melissa said...

Congrats on the 3lb loss this week!

Marcol said...

Congrats on this week's progress. Keep plugging along youll love the final reward.

Rob Tucker said...

Yeah, I started to do weekly measurements but got so frustrated by them that I started going on a longer term. You'll see more 'difference' that way.

As it's already been said - it's consistency that is the key. Just keep doing what you're doing - it's working.

BrotherJay said...

I take pics tomorrow. I have not seen any difference in the pictures yet, so I'm breaking the camera if the same happens tomorrow...

Kristen said...

I always seemed to lose more weight while I wasn't working out. I like your explanation for it.

Candy Girl said...

start measuring when your not seeing the results on the scale. it will help pick up the momentum.