Tuesday, October 2, 2007

New Screen name and Goals

To make it easier on the "other" Jay and myself, my new screen name is BrotherJay. Glad I could help.

Nothing much new to report, I'm tracking calories with NutritionData and trying to keep to 2000/day. 204 this morning, not bad.

Here are my long awaited goals:

Long Term:

· Be healthy enough to enjoy my early retirement (another goal) and be able to engage in activities (golf, racquetball, etc) that I enjoy for many years.
· Be a healthy role model for my children and wife · Be happy with my body image for the first time ever.

1 Year
· 12% body fat
· Good bloodwork.

Short Term Goals

· October 22 : Under 200
· December 17: 190 lbs,
· March 3: 174 lbs, 18% body fat
· June 1 : 160 lbs, 12% body fat

I don't know about the body fat %'s yet, I may change them once I get a good idea where I am.

Now I need to figure out how to put the ST goals in a fancy pane in my blog like the rest of you!

6 comments:

billy said...

People will think you're some sort of monk with the "Brother Jay", but it's cool, will definitely help with the confusion (I'm tired of clicking on the jay comments to see who posted what)

Goals are a good thing, and having specific reasons like you listed are even better. BF% is something you don't really need to worry about until you start getting leaner. All you need to know right now is, yours is too high!

Let me know if you need help with your blog, I can resize that picture of the kids and show you a better way to post it if you send it over.

swankywanker said...

I like your goals, both short and long term. They're important to keep you focused. and you have a couple of cutie patooties to keep you motivated.

Ripx180 said...

I second Swankies cutie patooties remark. Your goals look very good and obtainable. I dig the brotherjay name too :) cracks me up.

Jim McCoy said...

The whole health thing takes on new meaning when you've got kids (or in my case A kid) because you really want to always be there for them. Keep it up.

Brian said...

seems things are going well. good luck to you!

Rob Tucker said...

Those goals are definitely achievable. Hard work and patience is all you need.

And I like the BrotherJay deal too, very slick.

Your little girls are adorable, btw.