Saturday, January 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Weight Lost since 1/2: 3.68 (catching up in the slowest race ever)

It's funny that Billy mentions Memorial Day in his post. Once I got the confidence that I can truly get into shape, I started looking at Memorial Day as the BIG DAY. We belong to a pool, and it opens on Memorial Day. We're there every weekend during summer, and in years past, I've had to take my shirt off because my kids go in the pool, and I'm not going to be that douche in the pool with his shirt on. So, as horrifying as it sounds now (as I look at my "before" picture), I was shirtless at the pool last year.

Well, this year I'm ripping off the shirt at the pool with a vengence, I may even go into a posedown. There are two possible Jay's at the pool this year: 1) Jay with a lean physique, no "jelly roll" (which I'm currently sporting) 2) Fucking Ripped Jay. I will get to #2 eventually, I'm just not sure that this May will be that time. I may need to bulk like Billy did, then cut back down. I won't do that during the summer, I'd just work on maintaining over the summer and start a program in the fall.

Bought a pair of size 32 jeans at Old Navy today....Nice.

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

That's just awesome. The summer looms for me as well. Unfortunately, I'm still that douche with his shirt on at the pool. ;)