Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday morning update

I lost 2.16 lbs this week. Yes, I know my previous post is bitching about a plateau. My weigh-ins since that bitch have been much lower. My wife and I realized that our digital scale was messed up, it was weighing both of inconsistantly. We bought a new scale and now things are much more consistant.

By the way, I've lost the equivalent weight of the unrelenting, non-stop 2 year old girl pictured in this post.

Weight Average: 178 - loss of 2.16 pounds this week (28.8 lbs total)

Measurements (Losses/Gains are for the week, not total)

Neck 14.375- Loss of 1/8"
Chest 38.375- Loss of 1/4"
R. Bicep 13.125- Gain of 1/8"
Gut 34 - Loss of 3/8"
Waist 35 - Loss of 3/8"
Thigh 23- Gain of 1/4"

Weight Lost since 1/2: 3.68 (Watch out, fats, here I come!!!)
This Turbulance Training workout is an ass-kicker, it's great.

7 comments:

billy said...

Well, I'm glad you're losing again, however I'm not sure how I feel about you switching scales mid-challenge. There's just too much room for error when going from scale to scale. What assurances do I have that the change between old and new scale isn't making it seem like you've lost more than you actually have?

BrotherJay said...

OK, the whole story: Every morning I weigh myself first on our analog scale and then on the digital. I know, it's retarded, but in this case it saved me. For 4 months, the digital would always weigh 2 lbs. heavier than the digital. So if I weighed 180 on the analog, I already knew I would be 182.2 or 181.8 on the digital before I even stepped on it. Then, out of nowhere, the digital was weighing 5 pounds heavier, or 3pounds heavier, or 2 pounds lighter, totally random. It also happened for my wife, so it wasn't just me being crazy.

So for a week, I used the 2 lb rule when recording my weigh ins. Now we have a new scale, which weighs 2 lb. heavier than the analog, just like the old one.

The only assurance you have is the backing of my wife, who clearly is a more trustworthy source than I.

So there you have it. I know that you are scared now, chubs, after your last couple of enormously fat weigh ins, so if you want to pussy out of the challenge using this technicality, I'll allow it.

billy said...

Whatever, looks like I need to go scale shopping ;)

OK, I'm satisfied with your explanation. Let's do this.

Ripx180 said...

I am loving the sibling rivalry you and your bro have going :) ha ha cracks me up. Your kicking some serious A$$ brotherJay keep it up man and you will get to were you are going in no time.

Jim McCoy said...

Nice to see those numbers dropping. Keep it going!

billy said...

I don't understand how that adorable child is related to us.

BrotherJay said...

Bought her on eBay...