Friday, January 4, 2008

See Ya, 18x

Today's weigh in: 179.4.

Weight lost since 1/2: .96 lb

Today was the first morning in about 4 years that I weighed less than 180. Now I just have to get my average under 180...

Also, I used this tool for a body fat measurement, and it measured me at 19%. I used the calipers last week and got 20.6%, so if you average the two out, I'm less than 20% body fat, another great milestone.

Another thing that I forgot to post. My wife and I went to a New Year's Eve party at a friend's house. I was wearing a new BR shirt (Medium, by the way), and size 33 dress pants. Got a lot of feedback about how good I looked, which felt awesome. Also, I had a strategy. Usually parties like this are foodfests for me, but my strategy was this: Order a gin and tonic (mostly gin). Drink half, then ask for more gin and ice. Repeat until sloshed. It only took three trips to the bar (I'm a lightweight). I was then able to ignore the appetizer spread and the CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN! It's been so long since I've had refined sugar that my cravings for sweets are almost gone.

4 comments:

billy said...

Congrats on weighing in under 180 man, that's awesome. It's crazy that we are both wearing the same sized clothes now and that they are "normal people" sizes. No more "Huskies" for us.

Brian said...

that's awesome news! Yoou've really been kicking ass.

btw for some reason I never added you to my links. Doing that now.

kyle said...

That must be a great feeling Jay, and I love the plan for the NYE party. I'll take three Gin and Tonic's as opposed to the chocolate fountain any day. Now I want to see you give Billy all he can handle in the race to drop 10 lbs. Good luck!!

GeneTheK said...

Interesting drink recipe. That usually has the opposite effect on me where it weakens my resolve and I give into the cravings. But not once have I stuck my face ina chocolate fountain so I guess I'm still OK.

Happy New Year. Congrats on getting out of the 180 club.