Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Quick Easy Turkey Chili

Weight Lost Since 1/2: 4.72

I caught the stomach bug that my family had, but it's not so bad, I'm just tired, achy and naseous. No workouts for the next three days probably. Bummer.

I thought I would start posting some recipies that I've learned during the journey. Today is a very easy Turkey Chili:

Ingredients

3 tbsp Olive Oil
1.5 lb ground turkey breast (99% fat free)
1 Shallot
2 Cloves garlic
1-4 Jalapeno (Depending on how hot you like it)
Medium Yellow Onion
Cumin (to taste for spicy)
Chili Powder (again to taste for spicy)
Big Can (28 oz) Organic Tomatoes
Salt/Pepper

Preparation

Chop Onion
Chop Jalapenos, removing seeds
Cook Olive Oil, Onion and Jalapenos on MEDIUM LOW heat for about 10 min
Then add garlic and shallots, both chopped Cook for another 10-15 on MEDIUM LOW
Once base is established, add turkey and brown
Add Tomatoes, Chili Powder, Salt, Pepper and cumin Turn heat to medium and cook for 20 min

Makes 3 servings. You can add beans as well, it just increases the calories.

Calories 439
Calories from Carbohydrate 103 Calories from Fat 135
Calories from Protein 200

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That sounds delicious. I think I may have to try it!

billy said...

Stomach bugs are not allowed during our contest.

BrotherJay said...

Now that you are trailing, the rules are changing :)

You are welcome to come over to our house and give us all kisses to try to get the bug.

I didn't help me this morning, I gained .8 lbs after eating almost nothing yesterday...